Monday, December 14, 2015

Crafty Cardmakers and More #154

Welcome to our very last challenge for the year.  I don't know about you but this year has certainly flown by!  Our theme for this challenge is "Snow".  Traditionally when you think about Christmas, images of snow come to mind but not so for us down under, we are currently baking our way through the festive season.  Nevertheless I love a good snowy Christmas scene.  I decided to make a shaker card for my creation. With my shaker goodies representing the snow.


I recently purchased a We R Memory Keepers Photo Sleeve Fuse tool.  I initially purchased it for my project life pages but boy oh boy does this make creating a shaker card super easy!  This was so much less painful than I remember when making shaker cards before.

Here is what I have used:

Paper/Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White and Pool Party
Tools: Big Shot with circle dies, foam tape, plastic photo pocket
Embellishments: Heidi Swapp Christmas Stickers, sequins and glass beads, bauble garland (from my stash)
Challenges: Just Add Ink #292
Creative Card Crew #102

If you have a fuse tool and wanted to try a shaker card there are heaps of youtube videos out there.  I personally recommend this one by K Werner Design she is totally talented and I love her work.

Please make sure you pop over and check out all the wonderful creations here.

Well that is all from me and I would like to take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas and safe and happy new year.  Thank you for stopping in to visit me and leaving your very kind comments throughout the year and I look forward to creating with you all next year!

Bec 

10 comments:

Sally Dodger said...

A stunning Christmas shaker card Bec. I love your choice of coloured sequins, perfect for Snow and the silver beads add some great texture to the card. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Sally.x.

Ina G said...

Simply love your shaker card Bec and funny how this is the second card I have seen using the fuse tool (which I have never heard of before)in the last few days. Great colour choice too with our summer heating up. Our AC has certainly had a good work out lately and I am heading to Cairns in a few days. I have been told that there will be showers while we are there. Hope it doesn't bring THAT humidity. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

ColourmehappyDi said...

Love all the sparkly, shaker goodness, Bec. The CAS background really makes the sparkles & believe to pop. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.
Di :-)

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card Bec very effective shaker card.
Hugs Julie xxx

Jan said...

This is such an elegant Christmas shaker card, Bec! I love your sequin colour choices and CAS design. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Josephine said...

Beautiful - and with the added drama of being a shaker card making it really special.

Maike from Maikreations said...

Stunning and sparkly - one of my favourite combinations! Love your card and the great CAS design! Merry Christmas & a happy new year! Maike ;o)

Nikki Spencer said...

Rebecca this is gorgeous! I'm partial to shakers and the addition of tiny baubles is perfect...love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Anonymous said...

Great shaker card.....I love shaker cards. I really like your bauble garland - it's so shiny. Chantell JAI

Karen Dunbrook said...

just a lovely card...